|“ Hey, do you want a slice of me? Here-- I bet it makes your eyes water! ”|
—Onil, Bomberman Quest
Onil, (オニール, literally Oniru), also known as Beaker, O'Neal, Oneal, and Kayloo the Onion, is a recurring enemy in the Bomberman series.
In Bomberman (NES), Onil moves quickly and randomly. It will move toward Bomberman when he is nearby. They are not likely to get stuck in walls and can be incredibly troublesome. It is worth 200 points.
In Bomberman (TG-16), Onil moves quickly, sometimes turning or reversing its direction. It is worth 400 points.
- The literal Japanese name "Oniru" comes from the Japanese word (identical to English) "onion", meaning "onion".
- Bomberman (NES) Japanese manual, pg. 6
- Super Bomberman Complete Encyclopedia, pg. 80
- Bomberman Quest Official Guidebook, pg. 30
- Bomberman Party Edition U.S. manual, pg. 11