When controlled by the computer, Grampa Bomber has a very weak offense and prefers to focus on his defensive tactics.
- His Japanese name, Bonjii, is a portmanteau of Bomb and Ojii-san, meaning Grandfather.
- The name "Bonjii" was submitted by Keiichi Takahashi from Miyagi Prefecture, Japan.
- A later character, Bomber Chun, bears a striking resemblance to Grampa Bomber.
- Bomberman '94 manual, pg. 16
- Mega Bomberman manual, pg. 15
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.