Faroh (ファラー, Fara, in Japan) is an enemy in the Bomberman series. It is a humanoid monster that appears to be a pharaoh. It appears in hot areas, in deserts or rocky places.
Faroh moves at a normal pace, pursuing the player. When it comes within about two tilespaces of the player, it will turn around and move away from the player for about four seconds before returning to its seeking pattern. Every now and then, Faroh will begin to breathe fire for a while. The fire extends two tiles in front of the enemy and will damage players and detonate bombs on collision. The Pharaoh itself will also harm players. It takes one blast to destroy a Faroh.
In Bomberman Tournament, the fire angles diagonally when the Faroh turns.
- This enemy first appeared in an earlier Hudson Soft game, Neutopia II.
- The Japanese name "Fara" is derived from the word "farao", which means "pharaoh".
- Bomberman Tournament U.S. manual, pg. 16
- Super Bomberman 3 Hudson Soft Guidebook, pg. 36
- Bomberman Story Official Guidebook, pg. 62