Evil (デビル, Devil, in Japan), also known as Demon, is an item that appeared only in Bomberman 64 and Bomberman 64: The Second Attack. Like the Skull, it causes a random effect, but these effects are applied to every player. While most effects are bad, there are some good effects. During a battle, only a single Evil item may appear. The item is pretty much similar to the Devil item from Saturn Bomberman.
Effects in Both Games
- Hiccups - Random players become dizzy every 5 to 10 seconds.
- Shuffle/Change - All players switch places randomly, causing confusion.
- Twister/Hurricane - A big tornado appears, dizzying players in its path and throwing bombs that touch it in random directions.
- Gulliver - All players become giants, making them move slowly.
Bomberman 64 Effects
These effects only appear in Bomberman 64:
- Throw - All players instantly pick up and throw any objects (such as bombs or items) that they touch: bombs can therefore no longer be kicked. They can still pick up items that land on them (say, by throwing an item while touching a wall).
- Maximum - All bombs explode with the blast radius of a pumped-up red bomb and the red bomb blue explosion effect. They still look like normal bombs, making it impossible to tell this has happened until one of them explodes unless a player had red bombs already.
- Disco - The screen flashes in all sorts of colors.
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack Effects
These effects only appear in Bomberman 64: The Second Attack:
- Luck - In the Score Attack mode, coins fall from the sky.
- Quake - An earthquake shakes the arena.
- All Skeletons - Every player gets a Skull effect.
- All Kings - In the King and Knights mode, every player takes on the appearance of a King, causing confusion.
- Clear Arena - The arena becomes invisible.
- All Clear - All players become invisible.
1. Bomberman 64 U.S. manual, pg. 27.
2. Bomberman 64: The Second Attack U.S. manual, pg.28.