In Bomberman World, Bomber Akindo is a selectable character in Battle Mode. He tends to ignore opponents and focus on collecting as many items as possible.
In Bomberman Wars, Bomber Akindo is not a playable character. Instead, he sells items to the Bomber King in the Reception Hall of Bomber Castle. Items can be purchased with the coins that are earned in battles.
- The name Bomber Akindo is transliterated in the European manual for Bomberman World as well as the original Japanese versions of Bomberman World and Bomberman Wars. Akindo is a Japanese term for a merchant.
- Strangely, in the North American manual, Merchant Bomber's name is the only one that is accurately translated, as the other characters' names were changed from "Bomber [Name]" to "[Name] Bomberman" (e.g. "Bomber Hero" to "Hero Bomberman"). However, the game itself still announces him as "Merchant Bomberman".
- Bomberman World North American instruction booklet, pg. 22
- Bomberman World European instruction booklet, pg. 13
- Bomberman Wars instruction booklet, pg. 36